Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Cherry of a Day!

One of the best things about living in DC is the fact that every year in April the Cherry Blossoms bloom filling the tidal basin with beautiful white and pink flowers. This year marked the second time I was able to make it down to DC to capture some amazing photos of the trees. Last year I was able to capture some as a tourist blending in with the 1000 other Nikons and Canons on the tidal basin. This year I actually had a headshot photo shoot and was not able to capture as many unique photos as the previous year. No worries I still managed to squeak in a few!
Walking away from the tidal basin actually produced one of my favorite photos, the contrast of green to white in this photo was amazing to me. It almost made me wish I had a blanket and a picnic lunch

 Though many of the blossoms were past peak, I was still able to find a lot of trees that had big groups of blossoms, like the above photo. It was almost like they were coming down to attack you!

 The monuments always make for great photos, I don't think I'll ever get tired of taking photos in DC!

I saw many couples getting pictures taken today down on the tidal basin. I hope to one day be able to book a couples shoot down in DC during cherry blossom season, it's just too beautiful not to take advantage of!

No comments:

Post a Comment