Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Day "Mud" in Heaven

Jill contacted me to do some family photos for her family of five and asked if her friend Natalie and her family could join in as well. Jill's husband Matt went to school with me for my graduate program at Mason. I of course welcomed the opportunity to work with both families. What I should mention is this shoot originally scheduled for Saturday was rained out in one of the craziest rainy days the DC area has had in a long time. Widespread flooding followed this rain event, but despite this Sunday was a beautiful day. We took to Bull Run park to examine the notorious Bluebells. After what seemed like an Indiana Jones adventure through the woods, the flood waters were too high and we were forced to turn back. but alas the park is covered in Bluebells and we were able to find some beautiful scenic places for photos.

















Despite the mud and flooding, this was truly one of THE MOST fun family shoots that I've done to date. It's hard not to have a complete and total blast with these two beautiful families who spent most of the day making each other laugh and smile. Cheers to another great day in photographyland! I am truly blessed to be doing what I do! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment